Pictorals are fun right?
You're damn right they are.
This weekend was an exercise in proving to myself that I do in fact prefer being outside and being active to sitting at home in my cave. Not that there's anything wrong with cave dwelling in general, but outside just has so much better stuff.
We got up decently early on Saturday and hopped to getting ready. We'd planned to meet Lindsey's buddy Edric at 2:30 in Chinatown and dammit we were committed to the plan! Unfortunately, lots of errands had to occur before the Chinatown trip. And we hadn't woken up that early...
After a quick wash, I ran and deposited a check and got us a full tank of gas. Lindsey stayed home to primp herself, as girls do, but was ready when I got back. We hustled over to Sous Shoe Repair, dropped off a pair of her shoes and got a "how long you need? 1 hour? 2 hour?" We opted for the 1 hour and dashed to Target for two things I should have taken pictures of: a neat new
lunch bag and a BEARD TRIMMER!!! How freaking long have I needed one of those?
Back home for a change of tshirts, back to Sous for a shoe pickup (the guy did awesome work fast and cheap!), and we were on our way!
After a little traffic and a quick parking search, we were on the town! The China Town.
The first picture I took turned out to be quite a composition. And I didn't even really try...it just turned into a nice freaking picture. I'll be framing that badboy after some touchups and a little cropping.
Somewhere past Superior Poultry, we found Edric.
EDRIC joined your party! WILLIAM needs food badly.
Mmmm....$4 meal and a Tsingtao on the side. Now we were prepared for trinket shopping!


Along the way, we met a dragon. This dragon was anatomically correct, so I took his picture. He's ready to make love to 1000 generations of your ancestors.
There was crap to be had everywhere! As one would expect.


Can't have a Chinatown day without some tourist pics...

Round 6:30 or so the light was dying and shops were closing. We'd made off with a bounty of treats, baked goods, and trinkets and we were supposed to meet up with Joel to get our party on. So we headed back to the pad for a few minutes of rest. Joel was just getting back as well, so we hung out for a bit, ate some treats, then got ready to head to the gallery opening.
The show was at the Merry Karnowsky Gallery (merry Karnowsky everybody! har har) and featured work by Aiko Nakagawa (thanks for the link JStarr),
Miss Van,
and Junko Mizuno.
All of whom were there and drinkin. The night before, Joel had been partying with all of them so we got some chatty times with Aiko and an introduction to Miss Van. They were sweet. Junko was apparently a little...unsociable the night before, so we sort of avoided her entirely. The show was great. We hit up the open bar for REALLY stiff Cape Cods and sort of acrid microbrew beers. It was delightfully artsy. We met up with some other artist named David (who I didn't know) and a guy named Gary who runs a skate truck company. They were both great people, so we stood around and chatted it up with them for like an hour. At some point Joel and I took the awesomest picture ever:
We were all pretty wiped, so we decided to call it a night around 11, and headed home. Along the way, I found this store front and, having taken a crapload of pictures already, put a fitting end to my night by snapping a few more. Here's my favorite.
And that's the end to one of the best days I've had in LA. There's more pics of the day here and some pics of LA I took here. Merry Karnowsky folks.

2 comments:
yes they are fun! Miss cutie was very pretty as usual.. Chinatown looks really cool, i bet the food was really freaking good..
ooooh - i <3 junko! ^____^
Post a Comment