Who neeeeeeds it?
I do. I really do.![]()
So Comic Con was dope, obviously. Let me just get that one out of the way. As a first year, it was pretty much everything I'd imagined. Next time I'll be set for a full weekend of shenanigans and tomfoolery. There are pictures...they are made of good times and warm nostalgia and more than a little ham-faced mugging. Bigger than a breadbox I'd say. My ego I mean. Just go look at them.
I met some truly cool folks at the con as well, as evidenced by the new links over to your right. They're all original and highly indicative of the incredible talent our new online art culture is bringing to the surface, so get your ass to lookin. And buy a book or something while you're there. Seriously look at this stuff.
That's some fuckin nice art right there.
I'll scan some stuff tonight if I'm not too busy drawing. I've had a pencil to paper since I left the con and I'm nowhere near done. Seeing all these amazing talents and taking an analytic eye to their pieces has definitely improved my own technique tenfold. It's like art by osmosis. Except there's no water involved...so not really like osmosis at all.
Oh! And after a long dry spell, the screen writing's about to pick up the pace with a vengeance. I've got an original feature I'm writing, a comedy pilot I'm working on with my buddies, and the ever-in-the-distance psychological horror flick that will someday come out of contract hell. Maybe this will mean I can actually quit my dayjob this year! Shit I may do a comic just to make sure I don't have any freetime whatsoever!
Back with more later! And no more month long dry spells ok? They make my blog sad and it cries little electric tears made of equation strings and the souls of orphans.




No comments:
Post a Comment