Nov 6, 2007

Do I do creative work? I forget...

It feels like ages.

I've been working my tuckus off at work trying to get myself promoted to a position that isn't total hell on my creative schedule. And it seems to be paying off! I've got an interview on Thursday and a bunch of high up folks in the company behind me for the position. So let's all take a collective second to CROSS OUR FUCKING FINGERS.

Thanks. I'm glad we could get together on that.

I've updated some links over there on your right. Specifically, I've added Hey Show Me Your Knits and Open Hand to the list of rockrageous folks you should be aware of. They're a couple of fantastic humans I've been wanting to know for a long time and we finally crossed the friendly borders into the grand homiedom of Brosville. Good fucking people. Honestly some of the most down to earth folks I've met in this town and I can't tell you how heartening that is. It's certainly restored a bit of my faith in my ability to find excellent bags of meat to interact with.

On top of gaining some friends, I also got myself a gaming buddy and Red Orchestra has been blowing holes in my evening ever since. It comes on like some sort of beastly bangalore placed directly over the tender reinforced walls of my manhood's Central Control Room. World War 2 runs through my woman-raised veins as it does every other human on the planet with dangly bits betwixt their legs. Also it's all in Russian and German so every death scream is instantly that much more hilarious.

The 3 of you still reading at this point are probably going to give me some flak (lol ww2) about not posting any drawings to my drawings blog where i usually post drawings. Well fuck you judgemental bastards. No not really please keep reading. I've honestly been in a hell of a rut lately, due mostly to that ever-so-present need for income to continue living in an apartment and not behind the hydroponics store down the block. I wonder sometimes if this is an excuse, but working 1-11pm almost every night does not put one in the best headspace for getting some work done.

And where's the inspiration lately? I went through an amazing run of artists last year that really brought my creativity to peaks it had never seen. But I feel like everything I've seen as of late is really stale. Music, movies, art...nothing's doing it for me. I guess my tastes are changing again. Or maybe I've just spent so much time revising other peoples' work at this point that I'm overly critical. Either way it ain't doin it fir me.

So if y'all have got any media recommendations (really of any kind), let me know. I gotta get my creative brain going strong again. I've almost got this corporate thing to a comfortable spot, now it's time to concentrate on things I actually enjoy.

Which will not include writing this shitball serial killer movie I need to start writing.

<3's

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Huzzah! Its worth it to poke around every so often!

Breanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breanne said...

that's so crazy, cause we just made friends with some awesome neighbors, too! let's watch some P runway one of these days, eh?