Headaches, Toothaches, and a Pain in the Ass
So another day, another day, another day.
We purchased Okami, which I will be playing immediately following some job searching, and Cooking Mama, which I will be sort of pining after because it's with the DS which is with Lindsey. Which is why I'm not playing that. Which is a reason to use the word which a whole lot.
Cooking Mama is, in my opinion, the greatest cooking game of all time. It's also the only cooking game I know of, so it doesn't have to do much to be a rucksack full of rock. You cook stuff, you get new recipes, you combine old recipes to cook new things. It's basically just a series of minigames, but at least you're working towards something. Like making the perfect Ginger Fried Chicken Rice Bowl. I made that. And it was great. Mama told me so.
Okami, on the other hand, is a big visual orgy on an epic scale. While it did have what some might consider an annoying 200 hour long text intro, at least there were some pretty things to look at during the bombardment. The graphics are just amazing...like Junko Mizuno's version of Ukiyo-e. That sort of melding of old and new, with textured glowing wolves and hard black Sam Keith outlines. Clover has come out for another incredible effort that I can only pray will be mildly successful on this front. Enough for a sequel at least. Or 10. I could play this game for a long damn time.
In creative news, I touched up both the short stories that are on my computer and I've been working diligently on painting the first in the Elizabeth Wintersbee series. Would you like a preview? Would you? Would you fawn over it unendingly? I bet you would.
Too bad. It's unfortunately a little too close to being done to put out now. It'd be like showing you a rough cut of a movie, then expecting you to be blown away by it when I showed you the slightly more polished version. Best to just salivate for a little while.
Off to the races. Wish me luck, one of these bitches is going to hire me.

No comments:
Post a Comment