A few bits of creativity encapsulated
Welly welly well. Lets get this stuff out of the way first shall we?
I've found some new artwork and a few animated pieces to get the blood boiling and the juices combobulating. That's probably a word.
First off is Hethe Srodawa's blog/site/weberthing. Though it really contains no actual text and is just a big honkin' slew of pretty fantastic pictures. His style flies all over the place, from realistic to urban to cutesy, but each piece is very well defined and an excellent representation of good old fashioned artin'.
I also found a few fanciful pieces of animated advertising that I thought you folks might want to partake in...
We've got:
- Orange Kids - some commercial for something we'll never ever buy...but who cares. It looks like a crayon dream sequence and I love it.
- Kymco - Once again, the product is entirely secondary, but check out that sweet Okami style lighting and toon shading.
- Nike Snow - Nike has two other spots in this same vein, but the snow one was the prettiest. The whole two-tone silhouette thing is getting to be a little on the cliched side, but it still looks really damn good in motion.
Oh. Well, okay one more thing. The Three Flowers and Three Trees exhibition at Nucleus has all their pieces online for your enjoyment/purchase. It's nice when you get to see things.
My life has been a tawdry little affair in and out lately. Well not so much tawdry, as stodgy. Things are pretty much moving at a good clip, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere creatively. At least not in the monetary sense. I write and draw all day at work, but I'm at another gap in the road where I can't seem to get my work to a professionally complete stage. One more argument to head back to art school. My head says choose something more practical, but why would I choose to learn practicality when I am missing so much artistically? Huh? Answer that one.
You don't have to answer that.
Growing up, I feel like I always felt like I'd feel like I was getting somewhere just by working on what I loved. And sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't, and sometimes. Oh sometimes. Something you don't think about when you're on the road, or when things are moving along the way you want them to, is how often you'll get to one of those gaps and just not know what to do.
All I'm saying is, I wish I was good at making pictures. Or writings. Or movies.

1 comment:
Know any good line drawing inspiration sites ol man?
Post a Comment