Guess What I Figured Out...
Click on the title of this post and you'll find out. Isn't that AMAZING? Now I can specifically point you to the right post when I cross post the shit out of this blog. And there's always a lot of cross posting to be done.
Last night, my boss found out I was into comics and whatnots and she recommended The Rainbow Orchid (which you'll notice is now in my link list because it's like 6,000 pages long). It's heavily inspired by TinTin. So it's sort of frumpy and simply drawn and about having adventures in the early 19th century. So far, the plot seems to be your standard Maltese Falcon style old-timey adventure, with a quest for the elusive and titular Rainbow Orchid to save the Earldom of some hoity-toity English fella.
What's particularly notable is its aforementioned length and it's unaforementioned freeness. It's a full long form graphic novel you can read entirely online! So go check it out and murder your free time. Visually, it lacks some of the subtlety of motion that TinTin was known for, and sometimes the colors could be a lot better at pointing your eyes to the action, but quite often you'll get some excellent little compositional gems complete with snappy dialogue.
Enough for now...back to work with you!

1 comment:
no..see, that was the point. Now I can link directly to posts rather than sending you to the front page.
Post a Comment