Nov 13, 2008

We have a pact, don't turn your back

Sorry I haven't posted the album art stuff yet. We went for a little direction change yesterday to make it like 3 million times more amazing, so I've been hard at work making new things. Rather than the traditional front/back artwork stuff most albums have, I'm crafting up a die-cut package with all sorts of bells n whistles. I got the layout put together last night, but the artwork won't be done till this weekend.

I've been researching propaganda posters for the art, and I've found some pretty incredible public domain resources (for propaganda and all sorts of other goodies), should anyone need them. Check it out!

The New York Public Library
American Memory
Old Book Illustrations
World War II Poster Collection



We're going to see the Dots tonight. I haven't gotten to go to one of their shows since before Ben left us for the eastern shores, so this is going to be a real treat. They've got a new album out, which I will definitely be picking up. I just hope they play Pain Bubbles, Soft Toy, or Brightest Star. Any of those would pretty much make my week.

And lest I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRE!!

No comments: